Sunday, August 21, 2022

I Take My Coffee Black: Reflections on Tupac, Musical Theater, Faith, and Being Black in America by Tyler Merritt

I basically only know about this guy because he is dating Jen Hatmaker, who has written several books I've read but also is one of the funniest people I follow on Facebook (maybe the only non-real life human I actually follow on Facebook). It seemed like he was kind of a public figure himself, although I'm still not exactly sure what for, and I basically saw that he'd written a book and thought I would read it. It was a fun read, kind of a memoir about his life growing up in Las Vegas and getting into musical theater and Christianity, but also filled with important info and discussion about racism and being black in America and being judged for the color of his skin. I really enjoyed it and his vulnerability and honesty about his past mistakes, but also his hilarious, relaxed, and simple writing style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment