Tuesday, August 9, 2022

The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood

I feel like the main draw of this book was the setting of it being in the academic world of a STEM lab. I liked the romance here between the two characters, but I honestly COULD NOT handle some of the awkward scenes at the beginning of this fake-romance. There were numerous scenes I had to skip through--a few because of being too smutty, but more because they were so uncomfortable and unbelievable and I couldn't read them. Like where she somehow gets forced to apply sunscreen on her fake BF's bare back and chest? That would never happen! Or where her friend forces her to sit on his lap in a crowded auditorium during an academic lecture? What??? Honestly, I loved the main character, Olive, and her love interest, even though he basically had no major personality traits other than being dark and brooding and extremely buff. But I would have liked the book more if it hadn't been so beyond unbelievable for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment