Monday, March 12, 2018

They Do It with Mirrors by Agatha Christie

Another Miss Marple mystery, but this one was not my favorite. The setting is pretty good--Miss Marple goes to visit a friend who runs a rehabilitation home for delinquent boys, and is there when the crime is committed, and is fully involved in the entire book from page 1, which I liked. Her friend, Carrie Louise, is someone she's known since they were girls in school together, and Miss Marple goes to visit her to find out if something is wrong, per Carrie Louise's sister's request. While Miss Marple is there, there's an attempted murder and an actual murder, and she has to figure out who did it in order to keep her friend safe.

A Murder Is Announced was far better than this one, in my opinion. That one kept me guessing the whole time, but I guessed what happened and "whodunit" while the scene of the crime was still being described, although Christie was clever enough to confuse me a little bit in there for a while still. But I thought it wasn't all that well-thought-out, although Miss Marple still was charming. I really liked the narrator of this book and her voices she used, especially for Miss Marple. All in all, though, not necessarily my favorite of Christie's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment