Sunday, December 22, 2019

Heidi by Johanna Spyri

I think I may have read this once when I was a kid, but I don't remember ever having read it. I definitely did see the movie several times, at my Grandma Myres' house, so that was what I was picturing as I read this book. I didn't remember much about the story, though--I pictured Uncle Alp being kind of scary and grouchy (which he definitely is not, to Heidi) and I had no recollection of Heidi ever leaving the mountain like she does for a few years in the book. The best part of the story was the beautiful setting in the mountains. The mountains are such an important part of the story--they are almost a character in themselves because of how important they are to Heidi.

I liked reading this cute story. It wasn't my favorite ever, but I think it would have been if I'd read it when I was younger and had some nostalgia built into this read. Now I kind of want to watch the movie with my kids and see if they like it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment