Friday, June 19, 2020

Textbook by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

I've loved everything Amy Krouse Rosenthal has done, although I've only read many of her children's books. But every single one of her children's books are cute and fun and worth the read. (Her Little Pea is possibly one of the best children's books ever. Period.) I have meant to read this memoir-ish book of hers for years, and finally checked it out from the library a few weeks ago. It ended up only taking about an hour to read, because each page has only a few words on it. There are some stories she's written about her life and family, then there are just some observations, all randomly placed throughout the book, and there are even interactive sections where she gives you a number you can text to respond to what she's said. I thought it was really cute and fun to read, but also so poignant knowing that she has passed away. I think she must have known she was dying while she was writing this book, because there are several parts where she writes about how beautiful this world is and how she doesn't want to say good-bye, and it honestly made me tear up knowing that she is now gone. I really like her and I loved reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment