Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

Tommy and I have recently watched all of the LOTR and the Hobbit movies, and it made me want to re-read the books. I don't know if I'm going to get to the three LOTR books, because that's a bigger commitment and I have so many other books I'm trying to get through right now... but The Hobbit was right up my alley for now. I loved this book when I was younger, and still enjoyed it a lot for now, although it had been long enough since I read it that I couldn't remember most of the specific plot points from the book. I was surprised by how much in the movies sticks to the plot from the book--obviously they added way too much to make it stretch out into three different movies, but almost all of the adventures the hobbit and the dwarves get into are from the book. This is such a classic and is always worth a re-read.

No comments:

Post a Comment