Friday, June 19, 2020

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Everything Rainbow Rowell has written is good. After listening to Landline a few months ago, I got on a kick where I really wanted to read Attachments, but our library didn't even have an e-book copy of it (and definitely not an audiobook copy, which is what I really wanted), so I kept putting it off. But I've had lots of time to read while nursing lately, so I've been blazing through books like nobody's business, so I'm trying to check off some books that I've always been meaning to read off my list. I absolutely loved 99% of this one, about Lincoln, a tech guy who is hired in 1999 at a company to read any suspicious employee emails and make sure no one is sharing anything wrong in their work emails. He begins to fall in love with a woman who is always emailing with her friend while they share their life stories with each other, even though he's never met her and she doesn't know he exists. This book was fantastic 95% of the way through, until the very end where they finally meet, and I was super confused by the way they met each other and why it had to happen that way... But I loved the romance and the build-up and how we got to know the two women who were emailing back and forth to each other gradually, just like Lincoln did. Rowell has such a great voice and does such a good job of writing excellent dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment