Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Children of Noisy Village by Astrid Lindgren

After reading Pippi Longstocking last month, I wanted to revisit this amazing book by Astrid Lindgren with Graham. I read this with Dane before Graham was old enough to listen along to our chapter books, and I wanted him to hear these books too, because they are so cute and sweet and just perfect. I absolutely love these books. It reminds me of Betsy-Tacy and All-of-a-Kind Family and Five Little Peppers and so many perfect classic children's novels; each chapter is a fun little episode where the children explore something, play a game, go somewhere new, and each little story is told so well that the kids listening or reading are just enthralled. This book is different from the rest because it's set in Sweden, so it has the added charm of having traditions and activities that are different and unfamiliar for my kids, but are so fun to read about. Dane and Graham both love this book. I think my favorite chapters in this book might be the Christmas chapters about how they celebrated it there, and the magic of Christmas for all the children in Noisy Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment