Wednesday, August 28, 2019

The Accidental Beauty Queen by Teri Wilson

I checked this out hoping for a quick, easy read for my trip, and I thought the premise sounded cute: one twin is forced to step in for her sister in a beauty pageant when the other gets a terrible allergic reaction. It was definitely a quick and easy read, but I'm going to sound snobby here--it was just not that good. It was about as cute good-feeling as you could get about a beauty pageant--all the contestants are sweet and nice to each other, and the unwilling twin ends up having all these nice fuzzy feelings about the true meaning behind beauty pageants--which just seemed a touch unrealistic to me. And I absolutely did not believe the romance even one bit. I am willing to suspend my disbelief to a certain limit, but this girl wore a nerdy t-shirt and the guy quoted Harry Potter to her and she immediately swooned for him, and actually used "steely blue eyes" five hundred times until I was just way sick of it. The beauty pageant part was much more enjoyable than the romance, so overall not exactly worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment