Thursday, May 7, 2020

By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder

I was tempted to skip this book in our reading aloud of the Little House books, because it's always seemed kind of forgettable to me. No iconic scenes like the grasshoppers eating everything or Pa building a house from scratch. But we decided to read it and I'm glad we did. The boys really enjoyed the details about the railroad and how the railroad was being built. They just really enjoy everything about these books. We had five chapters left in it this morning, and I read them while they played with Legos, and as soon as we finished they yelled, "LET'S START THE NEXT ONE!" They really loved it and I am super glad we read it. But I am really looking forward to The Long Winter because that one has always stuck in my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment