Friday, May 15, 2020

The Work and the Glory 7: No Unhallowed Hand by Gerald N. Lund

This book covers the next year and a half after Joseph Smith was killed, and how the Saints decide to leave Nauvoo and move West. It really brings home the feelings of indecision and how terrible the first few weeks after Joseph's murder were for the people of Nauvoo, and how they didn't know who was going to be in charge of the Church. It seems obvious to us now, but of course, that's where the seeds of the RLDS church came from, so it wasn't as obvious to them back then. I had totally forgotten about the big climax at the end of the book, and was taken aback by how sad it all was. I'm not sure how he's going to fill up two more books with the pioneers going across the plains, but I'm crossing my fingers that maybe I can finish both of the last two books before this baby comes. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment