Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Tweet Cute by Emma Lord

I thought the premise of this book sounded adorable, and I wanted to read it while recuperating after having the baby--but I didn't end up wanting to wait until the baby was born to read it. This book is about Pepper, whose parents run a burger restaurant-turned international chain, and Jack, whose parents run a deli on the East Side of New York City--and they also go to the same school in New York City. They both end up being put in charge of their respective restaurants' Twitter accounts and get into a Twitter war with each other (without knowing it)--and their relationship progresses from there. I thought this was a very well done YA romance; it was exciting, fun, easy to read, not overly dramatic, and pretty believable. I loved the two main characters of Pepper and Jack, and I thought their hang-ups about each other and the conflicts they experienced were believable enough. I was kind of surprised by a twist at the ending, which was fun. I blew through this book in just this afternoon and evening because I didn't want to stop reading--it was the perfect distracting book to read while I wait for this baby to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment