Monday, November 30, 2020

A Better Man by Louise Penny

It has been such a long time since I've listened to a Gamache book, and it took no time at all for me to be sucked back in to Three Pines and the world of Armand Gamache. I love Gamache so much. Some of Penny's descriptions have gotten noticeably stale, as this is the 15th book in the series--she loves to describe the characters in the same way every book. Gamache has his kind but intelligent eyes, Clara has paint in her hair. But then again, that makes sense; it's part of the magic of Three Pines that they remain the same and are the same people you see every time. The mystery in this book, about a woman who was found murdered in the river behind Three Pines, was gripping, and Penny did an amazing job again creating the setting for the book with the river overrunning its banks. I breezed through this audiobook. Even if some things are getting old, I will always come back for every Gamache story.

No comments:

Post a Comment