Thursday, November 5, 2020

The Christ Who Heals: How God Restored the Truth that Saves Us by Fiona Givens and Terryl Givens

I absolutely loved the Givenses previous book, The God Who Weeps, which I read in 2013. My mom said she wanted us all to read their next book, The Christ Who Heals, for her birthday. I slacked a lot and didn't get a chance to finish it before we discussed it, but I did finish it this past week, and it was also really good. Both Fiona and Terryl Givens are incredibly smart and well-read scholars, and they are so interesting to read because they do such a good job incorporating references from history and from all throughout the scriptures and Mormon history and doctrine. This book describes all the aspects of our understanding of Jesus Christ and how our belief in Christ differs from other Christian faiths--and why that difference matters to us. I underlined so many fantastic parts in here that it would be hard to add them all, but I thought this was an incredible faith-promoting book.

No comments:

Post a Comment