Saturday, November 21, 2020

My Calamity Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows

I absolutely, totally loved My Lady Jane by these same authors, a few years ago, and I really liked the sequel My Plain Jane. I loved how they did a fantastical, funny, irreverent retelling of historical figures or fictional characters. So I have been looking forward to the third book in this Lady Janies trilogy for a few years now. And it was incredibly disappointing. The story was really pretty boring, I didn't love the characters, and I felt like there were some really boring high-minded "tolerance" sections where a character preaches about how people have been so mean to the native American tribes. I totally agree, it just really grated how they decided to talk about it in this book. Definitely not even close to the other two books.

No comments:

Post a Comment