Thursday, January 21, 2021

Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions and We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

I wanted to read more of Adichie's works after reading Americanah, so I requested these from the library. I thought they were full-length books, but turned out they were super short little booklets, which I'm not going to complain about because I was able to read both of them in about an hour this evening. Still, they packed a punch and were filled with a lot of wisdom about feminism. I especially liked Dear Ijeawele, because it was specifically about teaching your daughter to be feminist, and I really appreciated the reminders about how to raise a girl to value her own worth. I feel like this one especially would be worth reading again and again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment