Saturday, January 23, 2021

Treasure Island (abridged) by Robert Louis Stevenson

I really wanted to read Treasure Island aloud to the boys, but I also didn't want to lose their interest and bore them to death by reading the original one to them. So we ended up reading this kid-friendly abridged version, which I think was absolutely perfect for them. It was much easier for them to follow and much more exciting since it cut to the adventurous parts. They were extremely invested and excited about it each time and it was fun for them to imagine a story about pirates. I had read the book years and years ago but completely forgotten what happened, so it was interesting for me too. I thought this was a great book to read to them, and I'm glad I ended up going with the abridged version so that we could move on to something else quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment